Tuesday, August 4, 2026
3 bible verses
This morning I woke up early as my heart is heavy with what is going on with my family member (in hospital with aortic valve leak that is causing congestive heart failure and has inflammation in lungs, bacteria in blood stream from infected port which in turn caused endocarditis and state 2 lymphoma). I felt God leading me back in his word as I haven't been consistent with it..there really is no excuse so I'm not even going to try to say why I haven't been but it's at least been a month or so. I opened Jesus calling and it was talking about holding onto his hand and staying focused on his presence no matter what ...I then opened my daily reading bible and happened to be on Psalm 91 which was prayed over my mom before Jesus came and healed her..I then opened My Joyce Meyer devotion and John 16:33 just happened to be on today's devotion : "In this world you will have trouble but take heart, I've overcome the world"..Then I flip to the other devotion in the book on other side and it was Psalm 23 which was "he leadeth me beside still waters..". That was the verse at the hospital when my mom was very sick. Those 3 were the top 3 verses I relied on heavily when mom was in the hospital in 2009. I know my God can heal him but I don't know if it will be on this side of heaven or the other side: I pray his will be done always but that's a hard prayer to pray especially when it might not go "my way"..I have to submit to him as he knows the plans he has for us and I know he knows better and I know Heaven is a great place and I'm sure it's much better than here as there is no more weeping etc...but the human nature of me wants to keep him here on earth /to be able to see his grandkids graduate as he has told me (in the flesh)..I desire that for him so maybe that's why I'm hanging on to him so tight that I can't let go even though I need to. I know God is with us through this highly demonstrated by what just happened during my devotional time..he's funny that way ..and he's such a GREAT GREAT GREAT God...I love him soooo much no matter what happens...I was talking to a friend yesterday and she said "This world is not our home"..and that's very true..we are all going home it's just a matter of when. For now I will focus on him and his will for our lives and be ready when he calls us all home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment